Tube passengers urged to avoid Victoria Line
Tube passengers should avoid the Victoria Line tonight (Tuesday August 30) because of severe delays after signalling failure at Seven Sisters.
Transport for London (TfL) has urged commuters to find alternative routes home as services are currently suspended between Seven Sisters and Highbury & Islington stations and there is significant disruption across the rest of the line.
The problem is expected to last throughout the evening.
TfL is despatching buses to help supplement the services in affected areas.
All Victoria line passengers on Oyster Pay As You Go affected by the disruption will have their fares automatically refunded when they travel through the gate line as usual at their regular station within the next couple of days.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Brown, managing director of London Underground, said: “I apologise to passengers for the disruption on the Victoria Line today and assure them that we are doing everything possible to resolve the issue and minimise the disruption as they travel home. I’m very disappointed that our contractors Invensys and Bombardier have failed today to deliver the reliable service that our passengers deserve, and we are pressing both companies to take every measure to ensure this situation is not repeated.”
TfL say the teething problems with the signalling arose after weekend upgrade works.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
The new signalling, when fully operational, will mean a 21 per cent increase in capacity, or space for an extra 10,000 journeys per hour.
Passengers should check before they travel by visiting www.tfl.gov.uk