Tube passengers urged to avoid Victoria Line
Tube passengers should avoid the Victoria Line tonight (Tuesday August 30) because of severe delays after signalling failure at Seven Sisters.
Transport for London (TfL) has urged commuters to find alternative routes home as services are currently suspended between Seven Sisters and Highbury & Islington stations and there is significant disruption across the rest of the line.
The problem is expected to last throughout the evening.
TfL is despatching buses to help supplement the services in affected areas.
All Victoria line passengers on Oyster Pay As You Go affected by the disruption will have their fares automatically refunded when they travel through the gate line as usual at their regular station within the next couple of days.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Brown, managing director of London Underground, said: “I apologise to passengers for the disruption on the Victoria Line today and assure them that we are doing everything possible to resolve the issue and minimise the disruption as they travel home. I’m very disappointed that our contractors Invensys and Bombardier have failed today to deliver the reliable service that our passengers deserve, and we are pressing both companies to take every measure to ensure this situation is not repeated.”
TfL say the teething problems with the signalling arose after weekend upgrade works.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
The new signalling, when fully operational, will mean a 21 per cent increase in capacity, or space for an extra 10,000 journeys per hour.
Passengers should check before they travel by visiting www.tfl.gov.uk