Tufnell Park stabbing: Teen slashed across face in Brecknock Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was slashed across the face during a fracas in Tufnell Park this afternoon – but his condition is “not life-threatening”.
Police were called to Brecknock Road at about 4.20pm to reports that people were fighting.
Officers and paramedics found a 15-year-old boy with "a slash wound to the face" at the scene. He's been taken to a north London hospital.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: A 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm [GBH]. He is currently in police custody."
One bystander, who saw the aftermath of the attack but asked to remain anonymous, told the Gazette: "The [victim] had his t-shirt over his face to stop the bleeding. "He was a young guy and walked into the ambulance covered in blood."
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 5260/16, or call Crime Stopper anonymously at 0800 555 111.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 10 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com