Tufnell Park stabbing: Teen slashed across face in Brecknock Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was slashed across the face during a fracas in Tufnell Park this afternoon – but his condition is “not life-threatening”.
Police were called to Brecknock Road at about 4.20pm to reports that people were fighting.
Officers and paramedics found a 15-year-old boy with "a slash wound to the face" at the scene. He's been taken to a north London hospital.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: A 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm [GBH]. He is currently in police custody."
One bystander, who saw the aftermath of the attack but asked to remain anonymous, told the Gazette: "The [victim] had his t-shirt over his face to stop the bleeding. "He was a young guy and walked into the ambulance covered in blood."
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 5260/16, or call Crime Stopper anonymously at 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org