Tufnell Park stabbing: Teen slashed across face in Brecknock Road
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was slashed across the face during a fracas in Tufnell Park this afternoon – but his condition is “not life-threatening”.
Police were called to Brecknock Road at about 4.20pm to reports that people were fighting.
Officers and paramedics found a 15-year-old boy with "a slash wound to the face" at the scene. He's been taken to a north London hospital.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: A 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm [GBH]. He is currently in police custody."
One bystander, who saw the aftermath of the attack but asked to remain anonymous, told the Gazette: "The [victim] had his t-shirt over his face to stop the bleeding. "He was a young guy and walked into the ambulance covered in blood."
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 5260/16, or call Crime Stopper anonymously at 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org