Tufnell Park student who took on police excels in GCSEs
A gifted GCSE student who took the Metropolitan Police to task over controversial “kettling” tactics during the student fees protests has achieved 12 A*s.
Adam Castle, 16, got top marks in every subject he sat and was one of several high flyers at Acland Burghley School in Burghley Road, Tufnell Park – as it posted its best ever results.
Adam, who lives in Tufnell Park, took the police to court to challenge its right to “kettle” children in June, after he was held for hours during a protest against university fee rises last November, and is currently awaiting the outcome.
His friend and fellow Burghley pupil Sam Eaton, 16, who joined him in bringing the case, also excelled, attaining nine A*s and one A. Sam said: “I got everything I wanted to get. I’m really pleased.”
Other Year 11s celebrating stunning results at the school included Rhona Michie, who got 10 A*s and one A, Tianhao Xu, who achieved nine A*s and three As, and Devante Suchit, who last week got an A in maths AS-Level to go with seven A*s and two As at GCSE. Devante said: “After the A at AS, I knew I’d do alright today.”
Headteacher Jo Armitage said: “These results are testament to the hard work, ambition and generous team spirit of all students and staff. Our Year 11 students have put themselves firmly on the path to successful futures and put the school undoubtedly on the way to ‘outstanding’.”
- 1 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 2 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 3 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 4 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets
- 7 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer
- 8 Fire damage repairs begin on Ironmonger Row Baths centre
- 9 No More Red: Arsenal and Islington campaign against knife crime
- 10 Murder trial: Accused travelled to London to 'Netflix and chill' with woman