Two children hospitalised after Holloway school run crash
TWO five-year-old’s were rushed to hospital after they were involved in an accident at a danger junction during this morning’s school run.
The children were taken to the Whittington Hospital, in Archway, after a silver Hyundai collided with a red Renault Megane at the junction of Caledonian Road, Hillmarton Road and North Road, Holloway.
Islington Council are currently consulting local resident on ways to improve safety at the junction.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.30am to reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars on Caledonian Road, close to the junction with North Road.
“We sent two ambulance crews and our staff treated two patients, both reported to be five-years-old.
You may also want to watch:
“They were taken to the Whittington Hospital, one of them suffering pain in the neck.”
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 How much do you know about Islington?
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 8 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 'Eidevall has turned Arsenal from believers into contenders'