Two children hospitalised after Holloway school run crash
TWO five-year-old’s were rushed to hospital after they were involved in an accident at a danger junction during this morning’s school run.
The children were taken to the Whittington Hospital, in Archway, after a silver Hyundai collided with a red Renault Megane at the junction of Caledonian Road, Hillmarton Road and North Road, Holloway.
Islington Council are currently consulting local resident on ways to improve safety at the junction.
A spokeswoman for London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.30am to reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars on Caledonian Road, close to the junction with North Road.
“We sent two ambulance crews and our staff treated two patients, both reported to be five-years-old.
You may also want to watch:
“They were taken to the Whittington Hospital, one of them suffering pain in the neck.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years