Three men arrested after Alex Smith, 16, killed in Regent’s Park Estate
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a 16-year-old in Camden on Monday.
This morning a 20-year-old was arrested in Islington on suspicion of murder. This comes days after a 23-year-old man, and an 18-year old man were arrested on suspicion of murder, on Wednesday. They are in custody at a police station in central London.
Alex Smith died after being knifed in Munster Square, in the Regent's Park Estate on Monday night. Police were called at around 11.10pm to reports of a stabbing.
Officers, along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service attended and Alex died at the scene. His next of kin has been informed.
Det Ins Jamie Stevenson said: "We're still keeping an open mind concerning the motive of this brutal attack and thank those who have come forward and spoken to us so far.
You may also want to watch:
"We know there are individuals out there who can assist this investigation and we continue to appeal for those people to make contact with officers. Please do the right thing and come forward, anonymously if need be, but do make the call."
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to call the incident room on 020 8358 0400 quoting Cad 8433 of August 12.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade