Two injured after car crashes into Archway shop
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been injured after a car hit a woman on the pavement before crashing into an estate agent’s in Archway this morning.
Police and medics were called to Junction Road, opposite Archway Tube station, at 9.20am after the car had smashed into Archway Estates.
The pedestrian and the driver of the car were both taken to hospital. Scotland Yard said their injuries were not life-changing.
Syed Akhtar, 65, who runs Archway Estates, told the Gazette: “It was shocking. It’s my shop. I can’t tell you how I feel.
“The lady [driving the car] was about 70-75 years old. She lost control of the steering.
You may also want to watch:
“It went right into my shop and there’s broken glass and my display is gone. I don’t think anyone is hurt.”
Road closures are in place while emergency services remove the car from the building safely.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 9:17am to reports of a road traffic collision on Junction Road
“We sent an ambulance crew, an incident response officer and a single responder in a car to the scene.
“We treated two people at the scene and took one of the two to hospital.”
Firefighters were also called to the scene.