Two women taken to hospital following Holloway Road collision
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be cut free from her car and rushed to hospital after it was in collision with a motorcycle yesterday morning.
The motorcyclist was also taken to hospital after the incident which happened just before 8am along Holloway Road, at the junction with Eden Grove opposite London Metropolitan University.
The road was closed until 9.30am.
Witness, Nasreen Halim, 31, said: “They (the fire brigade) literally had to cut the car to pieces to get her out. They were cutting the doors off, the bonnet and the roof.
“They put a screen up in the car so you couldn’t see inside.”
You may also want to watch:
Both victims’ injuries were described as not life threatening or life-changing by police.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'