Two women taken to hospital following Holloway Road collision
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be cut free from her car and rushed to hospital after it was in collision with a motorcycle yesterday morning.
The motorcyclist was also taken to hospital after the incident which happened just before 8am along Holloway Road, at the junction with Eden Grove opposite London Metropolitan University.
The road was closed until 9.30am.
Witness, Nasreen Halim, 31, said: “They (the fire brigade) literally had to cut the car to pieces to get her out. They were cutting the doors off, the bonnet and the roof.
“They put a screen up in the car so you couldn’t see inside.”
You may also want to watch:
Both victims’ injuries were described as not life threatening or life-changing by police.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants