Two women taken to hospital following Holloway Road collision
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be cut free from her car and rushed to hospital after it was in collision with a motorcycle yesterday morning.
The motorcyclist was also taken to hospital after the incident which happened just before 8am along Holloway Road, at the junction with Eden Grove opposite London Metropolitan University.
The road was closed until 9.30am.
Witness, Nasreen Halim, 31, said: “They (the fire brigade) literally had to cut the car to pieces to get her out. They were cutting the doors off, the bonnet and the roof.
“They put a screen up in the car so you couldn’t see inside.”
You may also want to watch:
Both victims’ injuries were described as not life threatening or life-changing by police.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 4 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years