Unai Emery confirms his Arsenal coaching team – with Steve Bould retained
- Credit: Archant
The revolution at Arsenal gathers apace after new boss Unai Emery has confirmed his coaching team.
Emery’s backroom staff will feature Juan Carlos Carcedo as first team assistant head coach, while the first team assistant head coach will be Steve Bould – who has been retained after working as former manager Arsene Wenger’s No2.
First team coach will be Pablo Villanueva with director of high performance being Darren Burgess.
Emery’s backroom staff at the Gunners for the 2018-19 season also includes Julen Masach as strength and conditioning coach while goalkeeping coaches will be Javi Garcia and Sal Bibbo while the club’s data/video analyst will be Victor Manas.
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “Unai has a very strong and talented team and I’m delighted that they are joining us.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m also pleased that Steve Bould, Sal Bibbo and Darren Burgess will continue their work with us. As we go through this period of change, we need to retain some continuity and they have an important role to play.”
First team coaches Neil Banfield, Tony Colbert, Jens Lehmann, Gerry Peyton and Boro Primorac have all left the club.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
Head of medical services, Colin Lewin, physiotherapists Andy Rolls and Ben Ashworth, osteopath Dr Philippe Boixel and long-serving travel manager Paul Johnson have also left the club.
Ivan said: “All these people have played a huge part in the club’s success and development over many years. We thank them for all their hard work and wish them all the best for the future.”