Underage Festival in Shoreditch cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
A massive youth music festival in Shoreditch has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.
Organisers announced that the Underage Festival in Shoreditch Park was shelved last week, just one month before headliner Devlin was set to take to the stage.
They said they were “incredibly sad” to cancel the nine hour festival for 13-18 year olds set to happen on August 31.
A statement on the festival website said: “It is with great sadness that we announce Underage Festival will no longer be taking place this year.”
Bosses said they had “no choice but to cancel the event” which had a line-up including Maverick Sabre, Hadouken!, Foals and Dry the River.
You may also want to watch:
“Unforeseen circumstances with our site hire contract mean we are no longer able to meet production levels and we do not want to risk the safety and smooth running of an event for 13-18 year olds.”
The festival usually takes place in Victoria Park but was moved to Shoreditch Park due to the Olympics.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
Organisers vowed to be back in 2013 and be “bigger and better than ever before.”
Refunds are being offered to those who have bought tickets.