Underage Festival in Shoreditch cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’
A massive youth music festival in Shoreditch has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.
Organisers announced that the Underage Festival in Shoreditch Park was shelved last week, just one month before headliner Devlin was set to take to the stage.
They said they were “incredibly sad” to cancel the nine hour festival for 13-18 year olds set to happen on August 31.
A statement on the festival website said: “It is with great sadness that we announce Underage Festival will no longer be taking place this year.”
Bosses said they had “no choice but to cancel the event” which had a line-up including Maverick Sabre, Hadouken!, Foals and Dry the River.
You may also want to watch:
“Unforeseen circumstances with our site hire contract mean we are no longer able to meet production levels and we do not want to risk the safety and smooth running of an event for 13-18 year olds.”
The festival usually takes place in Victoria Park but was moved to Shoreditch Park due to the Olympics.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Organisers vowed to be back in 2013 and be “bigger and better than ever before.”
Refunds are being offered to those who have bought tickets.