United win will put us in title box seat, says Arsenal midfielder
Andrey Arshavin targets glory at Old Trafford on Monday night
ARSENAL star Andrey Arshavin believes that the Gunners can put themselves in control of the title race if they pull off a victory at Old Trafford on Monday night.
The Russian midfielder, who scored the Gunners’ goal in the 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford last season, said: “I saw in a newspaper that we have the same points now as we had after 16 games last year.
“The difference is that the other teams had more [points] then, but this year we are top.
“Now we face Manchester United and we have the chance to show everyone we are strong. If we do that, we are in a strong position.”
You may also want to watch:
Arshavin has also admitted that he is worried by Arsenal’s defensive record, but feels that all the players need to take responsibility to stop conceding goals.
“We struggle in defence all the time – we try to improve but we can’t,” admitted the 29-year-old.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
“We don’t blame our defenders – as a team we must defend better collectively. We have to score more than we concede, that’s it.”