United win will put us in title box seat, says Arsenal midfielder
Andrey Arshavin targets glory at Old Trafford on Monday night
ARSENAL star Andrey Arshavin believes that the Gunners can put themselves in control of the title race if they pull off a victory at Old Trafford on Monday night.
The Russian midfielder, who scored the Gunners’ goal in the 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford last season, said: “I saw in a newspaper that we have the same points now as we had after 16 games last year.
“The difference is that the other teams had more [points] then, but this year we are top.
“Now we face Manchester United and we have the chance to show everyone we are strong. If we do that, we are in a strong position.”
Arshavin has also admitted that he is worried by Arsenal’s defensive record, but feels that all the players need to take responsibility to stop conceding goals.
“We struggle in defence all the time – we try to improve but we can’t,” admitted the 29-year-old.
- 1 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 7 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 8 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
“We don’t blame our defenders – as a team we must defend better collectively. We have to score more than we concede, that’s it.”