United win will put us in title box seat, says Arsenal midfielder
Andrey Arshavin targets glory at Old Trafford on Monday night
ARSENAL star Andrey Arshavin believes that the Gunners can put themselves in control of the title race if they pull off a victory at Old Trafford on Monday night.
The Russian midfielder, who scored the Gunners’ goal in the 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford last season, said: “I saw in a newspaper that we have the same points now as we had after 16 games last year.
“The difference is that the other teams had more [points] then, but this year we are top.
“Now we face Manchester United and we have the chance to show everyone we are strong. If we do that, we are in a strong position.”
You may also want to watch:
Arshavin has also admitted that he is worried by Arsenal’s defensive record, but feels that all the players need to take responsibility to stop conceding goals.
“We struggle in defence all the time – we try to improve but we can’t,” admitted the 29-year-old.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
“We don’t blame our defenders – as a team we must defend better collectively. We have to score more than we concede, that’s it.”