Upper Holloway shooting: Man shot in his back under arrest on suspicion of GBH
- Credit: Archant
A man who was shot in the back in Upper Holloway on Monday morning is being held under arrest on suspicion of GBH while he recovers in hospital.
Officers were called to Wedmore Street at 12.45am after neighbours heard gunshots near Whittington Park.
A 36-year-old man with gun injuries to his "back and buttocks area" was found at the scene and taken to hospital.
"The man's condition is not believed to be life-threatening," a Scotland Yard source said.
"He was taken to hospital for treatment where he remains and is currently under arrest for causing GBH."
You may also want to watch:
They added that "witnesses reported seeing a knife and firearm" at the scene.
Police arrested a 24-year-old man on suspicion of attempted murder and driving while disqualified in Silvertown Way yesterday. He was taken to a south London police station. A third male fled the scene of the Wedmore Street attack prior to police arriving.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
The Met's gang squad Trident are now leading the investigation. A police cordon was still in place around Whittington Park yesterday, but it has since been removed.
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 304/july22. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com