Upper Holloway shooting: Man with ‘gunshot injuries’ to back and buttocks found in Wedmore Street
- Credit: Archant
A man was shot in his back in Upper Holloway in the early hours of this morning.
Police were scrambled to Wedmore Street at 12.45am after neighbours heard gunshots near Whittington Park.
Officers found a 36-year-old man with gunshot injuries in his "back and buttocks area" - he was taken to hospital where his condition is not feared to be "life-threatening".
A crime scene was in place this morning, but there have been no arrests and a firearm hasn't yet been recovered,
Detectives from the central north basic command unit (BCU) are investigating. A police helicopter was providing support.
You may also want to watch:
This is the third reported shooting in the borough in the past two months, after a man was gunned down in Finsbury Park on July 8 and a 17-year-old was shot and stabbed near the Six Acres Estate on June 8.
Islington's top cop Ch Supt Raj Kohli, who leads central north BCU, last week told the Gazette gun crime in Islington has actually reduced over the past six months.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting reference 304/july22. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org