Man, 21, in 'critical condition' following Upper Street stabbing
- Credit: Andre Langlois
Police are appealing for witnesses, information or footage after a man was stabbed in Islington.
At 3.30pm on February 4, London Ambulance Service, London’s Air Ambulance, and Met Police officers were called to Battishill Street to reports of an injured man.
They found a 21-year-old was suffering with stab wounds, and he was taken to "a major trauma centre as a priority", the ambulance service said.
The victim remains in a critical condition in a central London hospital.
An investigation established the incident had taken place on Upper Street, close to Canonbury Lane.
There have not been any arrests, yet.
Anyone who could help police is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 4478/04FEB.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 3 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
Alternatively, contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.