Youngsters get ‘opportunities on their doorsteps’ at Kings Cross careers day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Youngsters gained insights into the world of business at a King’s Cross careers event on Monday night.
The Urban Partners (UP) Career Expo was hosted at Google’s office, and attracted close to 200 young people.
The event catered for 14 to 24 year olds from Islington and Camden – and attendees rubbed shoulders with HR reps from various businesses and experienced a “taster masteclass”.
Wendy Spinks, Chair of UP, said: “One of our priorities as a business partnership is to support the next generation, ensuring that the local community is able to benefit from being home to an array of leading businesses.
“[Monday’s] careers expo provided a chance for young people to receive tailored careers advice, and learn about businesses and job opportunities on their doorsteps.”
You may also want to watch:
Urban Partners is a voluntary business partnership made up of organisations in the Euston, King’s Cross and St Pancras area.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 9 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey