Youngsters get ‘opportunities on their doorsteps’ at Kings Cross careers day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Youngsters gained insights into the world of business at a King’s Cross careers event on Monday night.
The Urban Partners (UP) Career Expo was hosted at Google’s office, and attracted close to 200 young people.
The event catered for 14 to 24 year olds from Islington and Camden – and attendees rubbed shoulders with HR reps from various businesses and experienced a “taster masteclass”.
Wendy Spinks, Chair of UP, said: “One of our priorities as a business partnership is to support the next generation, ensuring that the local community is able to benefit from being home to an array of leading businesses.
“[Monday’s] careers expo provided a chance for young people to receive tailored careers advice, and learn about businesses and job opportunities on their doorsteps.”
You may also want to watch:
Urban Partners is a voluntary business partnership made up of organisations in the Euston, King’s Cross and St Pancras area.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing