Vandals wreck kid’s fountain in Finsbury Park playground
- Credit: Archant
Large sections of Finsbury Park are closed off for music festivals this summer – but they’re not the only areas out of bounds at the moment.
The children’s splash fountain in the park’s playground is currently shut after being damaged by vandals, robbing park users of the equipment during the summer heatwave.
Haringey Council, which has to funnel all money from the festivals back into the park, said it was trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.
A spokeswoman said: “The vandalism occurred a couple of weeks ago.
“Engineers are due on site on Monday [today] to investigate the level of repair work required.
“We will of course endeavour to reopen the water splash pad as soon as possible.”
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 6 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
- 9 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 10 Hundreds enjoy Jewish festival of lights in Islington