Vandals wreck kid’s fountain in Finsbury Park playground
- Credit: Archant
Large sections of Finsbury Park are closed off for music festivals this summer – but they’re not the only areas out of bounds at the moment.
The children’s splash fountain in the park’s playground is currently shut after being damaged by vandals, robbing park users of the equipment during the summer heatwave.
Haringey Council, which has to funnel all money from the festivals back into the park, said it was trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.
A spokeswoman said: “The vandalism occurred a couple of weeks ago.
“Engineers are due on site on Monday [today] to investigate the level of repair work required.
You may also want to watch:
“We will of course endeavour to reopen the water splash pad as soon as possible.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know