Vandals wreck kid’s fountain in Finsbury Park playground
- Credit: Archant
Large sections of Finsbury Park are closed off for music festivals this summer – but they’re not the only areas out of bounds at the moment.
The children’s splash fountain in the park’s playground is currently shut after being damaged by vandals, robbing park users of the equipment during the summer heatwave.
Haringey Council, which has to funnel all money from the festivals back into the park, said it was trying to get it fixed as soon as possible.
A spokeswoman said: “The vandalism occurred a couple of weeks ago.
“Engineers are due on site on Monday [today] to investigate the level of repair work required.
You may also want to watch:
“We will of course endeavour to reopen the water splash pad as soon as possible.”
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows