Rush hour misery as major power failure sees entire Victoria Line out of service
- Credit: Archant
Commuters taking the Victoria line faced rush hour misery today due to a power failure.
The trains are operating again but severe delays continue due to an earlier power supply failure. according to Transport for London.
Tickets are being accepted on the buses, Southeastern, Greater Anglia and South Western Railway train services.
Major power failures have been reported across large areas of the country, affecting trains, airports and traffic lights.
UK Power Networks said on twitter: "We're aware of a power cut affecting a large area of London and South East.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe this is due to a failure to National Grid's network, which is affecting our customers. Please keep an eye on our feed for updates."
@victorialine are posting regular updates.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 7 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 8 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green