Rush hour misery as major power failure sees entire Victoria Line out of service
- Credit: Archant
Commuters taking the Victoria line faced rush hour misery today due to a power failure.
The trains are operating again but severe delays continue due to an earlier power supply failure. according to Transport for London.
Tickets are being accepted on the buses, Southeastern, Greater Anglia and South Western Railway train services.
Major power failures have been reported across large areas of the country, affecting trains, airports and traffic lights.
UK Power Networks said on twitter: "We're aware of a power cut affecting a large area of London and South East.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe this is due to a failure to National Grid's network, which is affecting our customers. Please keep an eye on our feed for updates."
@victorialine are posting regular updates.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint