Video: Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson’s hilarious own goal against Cologne
Defender scores in his own net from well outside the area
Click above to see Carl Jenkinson’s horrific own goal against Cologne in Arsenal’s 2-1 win on Saturday afternoon.
The Gunners were two goals up thanks to a Gervinho double before Jenkinson managed to put the ball into his own net from well outside the penalty area.
The defender signed from London rivals Charlton earlier in the summer.
The 19-year-old made only eight appearances for Addicks during his time at the south London club but that was enough to convince Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger he was worth shelling out over �1million for.
You may also want to watch:
It is unlikely Jenkinson will walk straight into the Gunners’ starting XI and he could be loaned out first team experience.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'