Video: Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson’s hilarious own goal against Cologne
Defender scores in his own net from well outside the area
Click above to see Carl Jenkinson’s horrific own goal against Cologne in Arsenal’s 2-1 win on Saturday afternoon.
The Gunners were two goals up thanks to a Gervinho double before Jenkinson managed to put the ball into his own net from well outside the penalty area.
The defender signed from London rivals Charlton earlier in the summer.
The 19-year-old made only eight appearances for Addicks during his time at the south London club but that was enough to convince Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger he was worth shelling out over �1million for.
You may also want to watch:
It is unlikely Jenkinson will walk straight into the Gunners’ starting XI and he could be loaned out first team experience.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal