Video: Chelsea fans cover Arsenal sign and let off blue smoke
- Credit: Archant
Blues fans claim “takeover” at the Emirates ahead of Sunday’s top of the table clash
Chelsea fans let off blue smoke bombs and draped their club’s name over the huge Arsenal sign outside the Emirates Stadium yesterday morning.
In a video posted on Youtube, members of the west London following called the act a “takeover” ahead of the table topping blues visit to the second placed gunners on Sunday afternoon.
It shows the fans draping large blue banners with white lettering over the giant “Arsenal” lettering at the Drayton Park entrance to the Emirates Stadium.
The fans then let off smoke bombs as morning commuters beeped their horns in protest.
You may also want to watch:
The act of defiance is set to ramp up even further the rivalry as Arsenal search for their first win over Chelsea since October 2011.
A win for the gunners would see them close the gap on Chelsea to seven points and keep their slim title hopes alive but a win for the blues would give them a chance to clinch the Premier League crown at Leicester on Wednesday.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know