Video: Chelsea fans cover Arsenal sign and let off blue smoke
- Credit: Archant
Blues fans claim “takeover” at the Emirates ahead of Sunday’s top of the table clash
Chelsea fans let off blue smoke bombs and draped their club’s name over the huge Arsenal sign outside the Emirates Stadium yesterday morning.
In a video posted on Youtube, members of the west London following called the act a “takeover” ahead of the table topping blues visit to the second placed gunners on Sunday afternoon.
It shows the fans draping large blue banners with white lettering over the giant “Arsenal” lettering at the Drayton Park entrance to the Emirates Stadium.
The fans then let off smoke bombs as morning commuters beeped their horns in protest.
You may also want to watch:
The act of defiance is set to ramp up even further the rivalry as Arsenal search for their first win over Chelsea since October 2011.
A win for the gunners would see them close the gap on Chelsea to seven points and keep their slim title hopes alive but a win for the blues would give them a chance to clinch the Premier League crown at Leicester on Wednesday.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago