VIDEO: Holloway playground named ‘coolest in the capital’
- Credit: Archant
A Holloway playground has been officially named as the coolest in the capital.
The Lumpy Hill Adventure Playground, in Market Road, topped the poll in a prestigious London-wide competition earlier this month.
At the London Adventure Play Awards 2014, they beat off stiff competition from other spaces in Hackney and Hammersmith and Fulham.
Lucy Benson, adventure playground manager at Islington Play Association (IPS), said: ”We are really proud of the staff and children at Lumpy Hill for making their playground such a cool place to play.
“It is particularly important in times like these, when play services all over the country are being cut, that we have opportunities to celebrate the commitment that Islington has made to children’s right to play.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Joe Caluori, Islington Council’s executive member for children and families said, “This is fantastic news for young people, especially those who get to enjoy and play on the equipment at Lumpy Hill adventure playground.
“Many families in the borough don’t have gardens, so awards like this show the decision by this council to protect the dozen adventure playgrounds in perpetuity, was the right thing to do for young people.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
Children who enjoy the playground produced their own short video to show why it’s the best, which can be viewed above.