Video: Killer shark ‘attacks’ shoppers at Islington fishmongers
- Credit: Archant
A killer shark “attacked” shocked shoppers after special effects wizards installed the lifelike creature in a fishmonger’s.
A team of artists and animatronics experts spent two weeks creating the bloodthirsty beast and embedded it in Steve Hatt’s fish counter in Essex Road. Islington.
Customers panicked and laughed when the model first twitched, then thrashed, snapping its jaws amid the catch of the day.
Producers worked through the night placing cameras in the shop to film reactions to the stunt.
The prank was to promote Sharknado 2: The Second One - a sequel to the cult B movie, in which killer sharks terrorise New York after a freak storm floods the city.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hatt, said: ‘We’ve sold some big fish in our time and pride ourselves on our extensive range of freshly caught seafood, but we have never stocked anything as menacing or as unusual as a Sharknado shark.
“Talk about a having a bite of dinner – this dinner bites you.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
Sharknado 2 airs on the Syfy Channel today at 9pm.