Video: Killer shark ‘attacks’ shoppers at Islington fishmongers
- Credit: Archant
A killer shark “attacked” shocked shoppers after special effects wizards installed the lifelike creature in a fishmonger’s.
A team of artists and animatronics experts spent two weeks creating the bloodthirsty beast and embedded it in Steve Hatt’s fish counter in Essex Road. Islington.
Customers panicked and laughed when the model first twitched, then thrashed, snapping its jaws amid the catch of the day.
Producers worked through the night placing cameras in the shop to film reactions to the stunt.
The prank was to promote Sharknado 2: The Second One - a sequel to the cult B movie, in which killer sharks terrorise New York after a freak storm floods the city.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hatt, said: ‘We’ve sold some big fish in our time and pride ourselves on our extensive range of freshly caught seafood, but we have never stocked anything as menacing or as unusual as a Sharknado shark.
“Talk about a having a bite of dinner – this dinner bites you.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 8 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two men jailed for life after double murder
Sharknado 2 airs on the Syfy Channel today at 9pm.