Video: Killer shark ‘attacks’ shoppers at Islington fishmongers
- Credit: Archant
A killer shark “attacked” shocked shoppers after special effects wizards installed the lifelike creature in a fishmonger’s.
A team of artists and animatronics experts spent two weeks creating the bloodthirsty beast and embedded it in Steve Hatt’s fish counter in Essex Road. Islington.
Customers panicked and laughed when the model first twitched, then thrashed, snapping its jaws amid the catch of the day.
Producers worked through the night placing cameras in the shop to film reactions to the stunt.
The prank was to promote Sharknado 2: The Second One - a sequel to the cult B movie, in which killer sharks terrorise New York after a freak storm floods the city.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hatt, said: ‘We’ve sold some big fish in our time and pride ourselves on our extensive range of freshly caught seafood, but we have never stocked anything as menacing or as unusual as a Sharknado shark.
“Talk about a having a bite of dinner – this dinner bites you.”
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 5 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 6 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 7 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 8 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
Sharknado 2 airs on the Syfy Channel today at 9pm.