Volunteers needed at Sue Ryder charity shop in Essex Road
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who fancies doing their bit for charity can do so by volunteering at the Sue Ryder shop in Essex Road.
The store, which stocks second-hand clothing, shoes, accessories, books and homewares, needs someone to work on the till throughout the week and someone to window dress twice a week.
Money raised helps deliver care at its seven UK hospices, which support people with conditions such as cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
Shop manager Marzena Reeves said no previous experience was required. She said: “Anyone interested is welcome to pop in to the shop for a cup of tea and a chat with our friendly staff and volunteers.”
Volunteer Luke added: “I began volunteering to feel useful and battle depression while job-searching. It’s been a great way to gain experience.’’
You may also want to watch:
The shop is also looking for extra donations of good quality clothing, accessories and bric-a-brac.
Visit the shop, ring 020 7354 9050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant