Volunteers needed at Sue Ryder charity shop in Essex Road
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who fancies doing their bit for charity can do so by volunteering at the Sue Ryder shop in Essex Road.
The store, which stocks second-hand clothing, shoes, accessories, books and homewares, needs someone to work on the till throughout the week and someone to window dress twice a week.
Money raised helps deliver care at its seven UK hospices, which support people with conditions such as cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
Shop manager Marzena Reeves said no previous experience was required. She said: “Anyone interested is welcome to pop in to the shop for a cup of tea and a chat with our friendly staff and volunteers.”
Volunteer Luke added: “I began volunteering to feel useful and battle depression while job-searching. It’s been a great way to gain experience.’’
You may also want to watch:
The shop is also looking for extra donations of good quality clothing, accessories and bric-a-brac.
Visit the shop, ring 020 7354 9050 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know