Walcott on the menu at famous Arsenal pie shop in Holloway
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
England forward has name put to award winning pie in the hope he can recapture his form for the FA Cup final
Arsenal speedster Theo Walcott has had his name put to an award -winning dish at Islington’s most famous pie shop.
The England forward has struggled to get on the team sheet for the gunners recently but has had his name forever emblazoned on the menu at Piebury Corner in Holloway Road.
“The Theo Walcott”, a spicy jerk chicken and porter ale pastry named after the former Southampton man for his Jamaican Family heritage, will see the star join legendary gunners like Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira on the list of treats at the gourmet pie shop.
Walcott’s pie also comes highly recommended after picking up the Gold Award in the chicken class category at the British Pie Awards last month.
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Campbell, who runs the shop with her husband Paul, said: “We always have to have a tenuous link when we name the pies so we decided to name this one after Theo because of his Jamaican heritage.
“He gets a lot of bad press but he just gets on with it so we thought we’d show a bit of appreciation.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
“Everybody forgets that he had a really bad injury and he’s only just coming back into the team.”
The pie scored almost full marks from the awards judges and is the first gold winning pie that the restaurant has had at the competition.
Paul Campbell is now hoping the newest pie on the menu can help restore one of Arsenal’s most exciting forwards to his best form in time for the FA Cup final.
“The pie has sold really well since we put it on the menu, it’s been one of our most popular pies.
“We love Theo Walcott, he’s my son Spencer’s favourite player and we’re hoping it can bring him luck to get in to the team for the FA Cup final and go on and score the winning goal.
“Theo’s not necessarily the fans favourite but he’s probably the best role model for the kids.
“Whenever you see him about he’s always doing charity work and working with young fans.
“He’s not a legend yet like the other players our pies are named after but we think he deserves it.
“We’re still waiting for a player to come in and eat his own pie. If Theo scores the winner in the FA Cup final, maybe he’ll pop in and try it.”