Wannabe chefs earn full marks in Holloway cooking course
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring chefs celebrated completing a five-week cookery course on Friday.
The five budding Blumenthals were presented with a certificate by former Fleet Street editor Rosie Boycott at the event at the Andover Community Centre, in the Andover Estate, off Seven Sisters Road, Holloway, where course was held.
A new kitchen extension for the centre was also unveiled.
Cllr Barbara Sidnell, Islington Council’s Executive Member for Tenants, Residents and Communities, was also present at the event.
An Islington Council spokesman said: “Congratulations to the first students to have completed this course.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope they enjoyed it and will continue to use the new skills that they learnt.
“We’re working with the community to run more courses like this in the future.”
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 5 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park