‘We can relate to Kate’ say parents as Duchess visits Holloway children’s centre
- Credit: PA
Parents could “relate” to the Duchess of Cambridge on her visit to Hornsey Road Children’s Centre this afternoon.
Mums and dads were impressed with Kate on her visit to the Holloway centre, which offers support to expectant and new parents.
The Duchess, currently pregnant with her third child, told service users how William “did not know what exactly to do” when he first became a father.
Before leaving, she was presented with a posy by six-year-old Nevaeh.
Her mum, Andrea, said: “I felt like she could relate to what I was saying to her, so when I was saying to her it could quite isolating, not having nobody else to talk to, she appeared like she could actually relate to that.”
You may also want to watch:
David Holmes, chief executive of Family Action, which provides services at the centre, said: “She was really lovely. It’s fantastic she is so interested in the work we do. Having community-based services that are accessible to people is vital, so the fact she is showing such a keen interest is brilliant.”
Reporting by Press Association
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London