‘We can relate to Kate’ say parents as Duchess visits Holloway children’s centre
- Credit: PA
Parents could “relate” to the Duchess of Cambridge on her visit to Hornsey Road Children’s Centre this afternoon.
Mums and dads were impressed with Kate on her visit to the Holloway centre, which offers support to expectant and new parents.
The Duchess, currently pregnant with her third child, told service users how William “did not know what exactly to do” when he first became a father.
Before leaving, she was presented with a posy by six-year-old Nevaeh.
Her mum, Andrea, said: “I felt like she could relate to what I was saying to her, so when I was saying to her it could quite isolating, not having nobody else to talk to, she appeared like she could actually relate to that.”
You may also want to watch:
David Holmes, chief executive of Family Action, which provides services at the centre, said: “She was really lovely. It’s fantastic she is so interested in the work we do. Having community-based services that are accessible to people is vital, so the fact she is showing such a keen interest is brilliant.”
Reporting by Press Association
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 3 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 4 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets