Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- Credit: Natalie Wyatt
Islington and Hackney were blanketed in a layer of snow this weekend.
On Sunday (January 24) at around 10.30am, flurries of snow started to fall and settle across London and the South East, including in Islington and Hackney.
Many residents used their once-daily exercise walk - permitted under the third national lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic - to enjoy the wintery conditions.
This comes as temperatures plummet in the wake of Storm Christoph, and alongside yellow weather warnings issued for the south-east by the Met Office.
A yellow warning of ice remains in place for much of England.
You may also want to watch:
This week, temperatures in the Scottish Highlands were forecast to drop as cold as -10C.
Here are some pictures of the snowfall - submit your photos to Gazettenews@archant.co.uk, with the photographer's name and a little detail of who is in the photo and where it was taken.
- 1 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
- 2 Meet Islington's 2021 civic award winners
- 3 Islington Council urges: 'Raise repairs before Partners hands back homes'
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 State-of-the-art £4m facility in pipeline for Islington Boxing Club
- 7 Man arrested after police officer hit by car in Dartmouth Park
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Stephen Lawrence Day: Time for racial equality in further education
- 10 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'