Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- Credit: Natalie Wyatt
Islington and Hackney were blanketed in a layer of snow this weekend.
On Sunday (January 24) at around 10.30am, flurries of snow started to fall and settle across London and the South East, including in Islington and Hackney.
Many residents used their once-daily exercise walk - permitted under the third national lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic - to enjoy the wintery conditions.
This comes as temperatures plummet in the wake of Storm Christoph, and alongside yellow weather warnings issued for the south-east by the Met Office.
A yellow warning of ice remains in place for much of England.
You may also want to watch:
This week, temperatures in the Scottish Highlands were forecast to drop as cold as -10C.
Here are some pictures of the snowfall - submit your photos to Gazettenews@archant.co.uk, with the photographer's name and a little detail of who is in the photo and where it was taken.
- 1 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 5 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 6 How much do you know about Islington?
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement