Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- Credit: Natalie Wyatt
Islington and Hackney were blanketed in a layer of snow this weekend.
On Sunday (January 24) at around 10.30am, flurries of snow started to fall and settle across London and the South East, including in Islington and Hackney.
Many residents used their once-daily exercise walk - permitted under the third national lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic - to enjoy the wintery conditions.
This comes as temperatures plummet in the wake of Storm Christoph, and alongside yellow weather warnings issued for the south-east by the Met Office.
A yellow warning of ice remains in place for much of England.
You may also want to watch:
This week, temperatures in the Scottish Highlands were forecast to drop as cold as -10C.
Here are some pictures of the snowfall - submit your photos to Gazettenews@archant.co.uk, with the photographer's name and a little detail of who is in the photo and where it was taken.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park