Yellow rain warning: London roads and railways set to be hit by deluge
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A yellow warning for rain has been issued for London today (September 14) by the Met Office.
The agency has said there is a chance homes and businesses could be flooded while public transport services could be delayed.
Spray on roads could also affect travel, while there is a ‘small chance’ some communities could be cut off.
The yellow warning is in place for much of the country for the remainder of the day.
There are no weather warnings in place for the rest of the week.
A Met Office forecast said: “[It will be] increasingly cloudy as an area of rain moves erratically northeast across the region.
"The rain will be locally heavy but should ease during the afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, weather is set to be cloudy.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London