Wenger anticipates return of Diaby will be like new signing
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
The return of Abou Diaby will feel like a new signing, Arsene Wenger has insisted.
The Arsenal boss has however urged caution over the injury prone midfielder who, after three months out with a thigh problem, could be included in the squad to face Manchester City tomorrow provided he shows no reaction to playing for the under-21s in midweek.
The combative 26-year-old Frenchman put in a starring performance in the 2-0 win against Liverpool at Anfield at the start of the campaign and looked to have shaken off his injury woes that saw him miss all but four matches last term.
But he pulled up in the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea in September and hasn’t played since.
Wenger said: “Let’s touch wood, that he will get stability without injury. He cannot be at the top today but it is very important that he comes back and plays until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“That would be like a new signing for us.”
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir