Wenger to leave Arsenal - Read Arsene’s Top Ten quotes
- Credit: Archant
Arsene Wenger has announced he is to leave Arsenal at the end of the season. The long-serving Gunners boss will surely be recognised for transforming the club and English football. He also used to be renowned for his bon mots and interesting quotes. Read our ten favourite ones here.
Football is an art, like dancing is an art - but only when it’s well done does it become an art.
Everyone thinks they have the most beautiful wife at home.
When you have caviar it is difficult to go back to sausages.
As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.
When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.
A football team is a like a beautiful woman, when you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful
- 1 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 2 'Our sandwiches were floating': Islington cafe owner counts cost of burst water mains flood
- 3 A Level results live 2022: Islington schools as they come in
- 4 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 5 Angel station closures on one in five days due to staff shortages
- 6 Guilty: Window cleaner 'crushed victim's heart' as he mowed down two men
- 7 Hundreds of novelty teapots on show in Upper Street
- 8 Finsbury Leisure Centre development: 'Something dystopian like Bladerunner'
- 9 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 10 Teenager commuted from Highbury to Bristol for A Levels
No matter how much money you earn, you can only eat three meals a day and sleep in one bed.
You build a player like you build a house. You start with the foundations. The fundamentals.
When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask ‘what did you do in your life?’ I will respond ‘I tried to win football matches.’ He will say: ‘Are you certain that’s all?’ But, well, that’s the story of my life.
Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.
When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take the trousers off as well. But when you are naked completely you have to find the shirt to try to put it on again and dress normal again.