Wenger to leave Arsenal - Read Arsene’s Top Ten quotes
- Credit: Archant
Arsene Wenger has announced he is to leave Arsenal at the end of the season. The long-serving Gunners boss will surely be recognised for transforming the club and English football. He also used to be renowned for his bon mots and interesting quotes. Read our ten favourite ones here.
Football is an art, like dancing is an art - but only when it’s well done does it become an art.
Everyone thinks they have the most beautiful wife at home.
When you have caviar it is difficult to go back to sausages.
As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.
You may also want to watch:
When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.
A football team is a like a beautiful woman, when you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
No matter how much money you earn, you can only eat three meals a day and sleep in one bed.
You build a player like you build a house. You start with the foundations. The fundamentals.
When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask ‘what did you do in your life?’ I will respond ‘I tried to win football matches.’ He will say: ‘Are you certain that’s all?’ But, well, that’s the story of my life.
Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.
When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take the trousers off as well. But when you are naked completely you have to find the shirt to try to put it on again and dress normal again.