Wenger to leave Arsenal - Read Arsene’s Top Ten quotes
- Credit: Archant
Arsene Wenger has announced he is to leave Arsenal at the end of the season. The long-serving Gunners boss will surely be recognised for transforming the club and English football. He also used to be renowned for his bon mots and interesting quotes. Read our ten favourite ones here.
Football is an art, like dancing is an art - but only when it’s well done does it become an art.
Everyone thinks they have the most beautiful wife at home.
When you have caviar it is difficult to go back to sausages.
As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.
You may also want to watch:
When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.
A football team is a like a beautiful woman, when you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
No matter how much money you earn, you can only eat three meals a day and sleep in one bed.
You build a player like you build a house. You start with the foundations. The fundamentals.
When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask ‘what did you do in your life?’ I will respond ‘I tried to win football matches.’ He will say: ‘Are you certain that’s all?’ But, well, that’s the story of my life.
Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.
When you have just the trousers on it’s easy to take the trousers off as well. But when you are naked completely you have to find the shirt to try to put it on again and dress normal again.