West Ham fan view on Jack Wilshere – I always rated him at The Arsenal and the fact Spurs will give him stick makes me like him even more
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has joined East London rivals West Ham. Read on for loyal, long-standing Irons season ticket holder Luke Pepperrell in discussion with Layth Yousif as he shares his views on the talented 26-year-old moving to the London Stadium from the Emirates.
I am genuinely excited about Jack Wilshere joining my club West Ham from Arsenal.
I always rated him at The Arsenal. He missed too many games which was a shame for him, club and country. it was expecially frustrating for England as they miss the type of player he is.
The fact that Spurs will give him loads of stick makes me like Jack even more.
We desperately need midfielders – especially creative ones – with the long-term absence of our most inventive player in Argentina’s Manuel Lanzini who ruptured his anterior kneee ligament just before the World Cup.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a gamble but for the price of Jack’s wages it’s great business, especially when compared to our previous summer transfer windows – which with the exception of signing Marko Arnautovic rom Stoke – have been woeful at best.
Jack is a West Ham boy which always helps so he’ll know how to get the crowd going and they’ll give him more time to settle in because of that.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
I’m very happy. I just hope he stays fit.