West Ham fan view on Jack Wilshere – I always rated him at The Arsenal and the fact Spurs will give him stick makes me like him even more
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has joined East London rivals West Ham. Read on for loyal, long-standing Irons season ticket holder Luke Pepperrell in discussion with Layth Yousif as he shares his views on the talented 26-year-old moving to the London Stadium from the Emirates.
I am genuinely excited about Jack Wilshere joining my club West Ham from Arsenal.
I always rated him at The Arsenal. He missed too many games which was a shame for him, club and country. it was expecially frustrating for England as they miss the type of player he is.
The fact that Spurs will give him loads of stick makes me like Jack even more.
We desperately need midfielders – especially creative ones – with the long-term absence of our most inventive player in Argentina’s Manuel Lanzini who ruptured his anterior kneee ligament just before the World Cup.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a gamble but for the price of Jack’s wages it’s great business, especially when compared to our previous summer transfer windows – which with the exception of signing Marko Arnautovic rom Stoke – have been woeful at best.
Jack is a West Ham boy which always helps so he’ll know how to get the crowd going and they’ll give him more time to settle in because of that.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
I’m very happy. I just hope he stays fit.