West Ham Utd v Arsenal: your best bets
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Following another Alexis Sanchez-inspired win over Bournemouth at the weekend, Arsenal maintained their pursuit of the top three – and they will fancy their chances of moving a little closer to the leading trio when they face West Ham at the London Stadium on Saturday.
However, as the match stats team at bettingexpert.com point out, on current form the hosts would occupy ninth place in the league table, seven places higher than their actual position.
In addition to securing a well-deserved point at Old Trafford on Sunday, the Hammers took four points off Arsenal last term, which suggests that Saturday’s clash will be close. Nonetheless, Arsenal kick off as Coral’s 4/5 favourites to secure maximum points.
West Ham, meanwhile, start as Marathonbet’s lengthy-looking 4/1 underdogs, while online bookie Matchbook.com post an eye-catching 3/1 about the draw.
The corresponding fixture ended 3-3 last season, but punters backing the Gunners to win across a variety of markets could reap significant reward.
You may also want to watch:
For example, they are 5/4 (888sport) to be in front at the break on Saturday, while Bwin quotes them at 4/7 to open the scoring.
Punters anticipating a close-run affair may fancy the look of bet365’s 3/1 odds for Arsenal to register a one-goal margin of victory, or perhaps 10bet’s attractive 7/2 marked in favour of them securing three points following a drawn opening half.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
That man Sanchez is 4/1 (Betway) to open the scoring, while West Ham’s Diafra Sakho – who was on target against Manchester United on Sunday– is quoted at 15/2 (Unibet) in the same first goalscorer market.
Few backers are expecting a goalfest this time – a widely held view which adds to the appeal of Coral’s 9/1 odds posted against a 1-0 away win.
Odds supplied by the customisable odds comparison site, SmartBets.com.
Both teams to score: 4/7, Paddy Power
Match to be level at half-time: 5/4, Bwin
Match to yield fewer than 2.5 goals: 6/5, 188bet