West Ham Utd v Arsenal: your best bets
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Following another Alexis Sanchez-inspired win over Bournemouth at the weekend, Arsenal maintained their pursuit of the top three – and they will fancy their chances of moving a little closer to the leading trio when they face West Ham at the London Stadium on Saturday.
However, as the match stats team at bettingexpert.com point out, on current form the hosts would occupy ninth place in the league table, seven places higher than their actual position.
In addition to securing a well-deserved point at Old Trafford on Sunday, the Hammers took four points off Arsenal last term, which suggests that Saturday’s clash will be close. Nonetheless, Arsenal kick off as Coral’s 4/5 favourites to secure maximum points.
West Ham, meanwhile, start as Marathonbet’s lengthy-looking 4/1 underdogs, while online bookie Matchbook.com post an eye-catching 3/1 about the draw.
The corresponding fixture ended 3-3 last season, but punters backing the Gunners to win across a variety of markets could reap significant reward.
You may also want to watch:
For example, they are 5/4 (888sport) to be in front at the break on Saturday, while Bwin quotes them at 4/7 to open the scoring.
Punters anticipating a close-run affair may fancy the look of bet365’s 3/1 odds for Arsenal to register a one-goal margin of victory, or perhaps 10bet’s attractive 7/2 marked in favour of them securing three points following a drawn opening half.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
That man Sanchez is 4/1 (Betway) to open the scoring, while West Ham’s Diafra Sakho – who was on target against Manchester United on Sunday– is quoted at 15/2 (Unibet) in the same first goalscorer market.
Few backers are expecting a goalfest this time – a widely held view which adds to the appeal of Coral’s 9/1 odds posted against a 1-0 away win.
Odds supplied by the customisable odds comparison site, SmartBets.com.
Both teams to score: 4/7, Paddy Power
Match to be level at half-time: 5/4, Bwin
Match to yield fewer than 2.5 goals: 6/5, 188bet