West Ham Utd v Arsenal: your best bets
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Following another Alexis Sanchez-inspired win over Bournemouth at the weekend, Arsenal maintained their pursuit of the top three – and they will fancy their chances of moving a little closer to the leading trio when they face West Ham at the London Stadium on Saturday.
However, as the match stats team at bettingexpert.com point out, on current form the hosts would occupy ninth place in the league table, seven places higher than their actual position.
In addition to securing a well-deserved point at Old Trafford on Sunday, the Hammers took four points off Arsenal last term, which suggests that Saturday’s clash will be close. Nonetheless, Arsenal kick off as Coral’s 4/5 favourites to secure maximum points.
West Ham, meanwhile, start as Marathonbet’s lengthy-looking 4/1 underdogs, while online bookie Matchbook.com post an eye-catching 3/1 about the draw.
The corresponding fixture ended 3-3 last season, but punters backing the Gunners to win across a variety of markets could reap significant reward.
For example, they are 5/4 (888sport) to be in front at the break on Saturday, while Bwin quotes them at 4/7 to open the scoring.
Punters anticipating a close-run affair may fancy the look of bet365’s 3/1 odds for Arsenal to register a one-goal margin of victory, or perhaps 10bet’s attractive 7/2 marked in favour of them securing three points following a drawn opening half.
- 1 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 4 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 5 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 6 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 7 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 8 'The grim history of London's water supply'
- 9 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 10 'An air fryer is this season's must-have for low-fat recipes'
That man Sanchez is 4/1 (Betway) to open the scoring, while West Ham’s Diafra Sakho – who was on target against Manchester United on Sunday– is quoted at 15/2 (Unibet) in the same first goalscorer market.
Few backers are expecting a goalfest this time – a widely held view which adds to the appeal of Coral’s 9/1 odds posted against a 1-0 away win.
Odds supplied by the customisable odds comparison site, SmartBets.com.
Both teams to score: 4/7, Paddy Power
Match to be level at half-time: 5/4, Bwin
Match to yield fewer than 2.5 goals: 6/5, 188bet