What’s on in Ilsington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy stunning visuals and dance anthems at a screening of The Chemical Brothers’ Don’t Think – a performance from Japan’s Fujirock Festival, from 10pm at Vue Cinema, at the N1 Centre, N1, Costs �12.50, visit www.myvue.com for more information.
Practice a martial art at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1 and 11am to 12noon on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240 for more information.
Get some Latin sprit with this Brazilian dance class for the overs 55s from Latin Tribe, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrate a Candlemass liturgy to mark the fourth anniversary of Carmel-in-the-City’s foundation, from 11.30am to 3.30pm at St Joseph’s Chruch, Lamb’s Passage, EC1. Call 07889 436 165 for more information.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 5 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 6 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 7 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
See the library books defaced by Islington playwright Joe Orton and his partner Kenneth Halliwell that led to their imprisonment, until February 25, at the Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1, Call 020 7527 3235 for more information.
Test your computer game skill at the launch party for Soul Calibur V, from 12noon to 6pm at the Chapel Bar, Penton Street, N1. Only first 200 people will get entry, call 020 7833 4090 for more information.
Ponder the imponderable at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Relax with some chamber music from the Turner Ensemble, from 6.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �14.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Test your word skills at Scrabble Sunday, all day at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335 for more information.