What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of what’s on in Islington this weekend:
Learn how to use Twitter at this class for beginners, from 11am to 12.30 and 3 to 4.30pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton street, N7. Costs �10, �5 unwaged, call 07515647208 for more information.
Bask in reflected glory at the SLT Annual Celebration and Volunteer Awards Ceremony, clebrating those who have made a special contribution, from from 6.30 to 9.30pm at The Crypt of St Mary’s Church, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1 per session. Call (020) 7713 9304.
Hark at some al fresco instrumentals at this Inside Out Music Picnic, featuring brass, woodwind and more, organised by the London Symphony Orchestra, from 1 to 1.45pm at St Luke’s Garden, Old Street, EC1. Call 020 7382 2540 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Get involved with live music, face painting, bouncy castle, puppets and a dog show from 1 to 5pm at the Fun Day in Paradise Park, Mackenzie Road, N7. Free, call 020 7527 2000 for more information.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 5 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Claudia Webbe: Labour calls for MP found guilty of harassment to resign
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 9 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 10 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
Have a big day out with barbecue, workshops, music and comedy from 11am to 11pm at the Pleasance Theatre, New North Road, N7. Some events are free, others cost �5 or �10, call 020 7619 6868 from more information.
Learn and share skills at the weekly knitting club led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at The Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Free, call 07515647208 fro more information.
Celebrate the opening of the New River Head with this street party with historical walks, duck waddling races and period arts & craft from 10am to 4pm on Islington Green, Upper Street, N1. Free, call 07910 822 412 for more information.
Have a chuckle at the laughter club where everyone is welcome for fun, easy laughter yoga exercises from 6pm to 7pm at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Community Lane, N7. Free, call 0207 609 6145 for more information.
Control your over-active mind at these reiki-share sessions from 7.30pm to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30pm to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. Call 07957423460.
Stay focused in a world of emails, phones, irrelevant thoughts and people’s dramas with this free class from 4.30 to 6.00pm at The Urdang, The Old Finsbury Town Hall, Rosebery Avenue, EC1. Call 020 7836 6688 for more information.