What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Rekindle your love for the photo book at this weekend-long fair featuring a variety of publishers, until September 5 at the Hotshoe Gallery, Saffron Hill, EC1. Call 020 7421 6009 for more information.
Chill out by learning a simple five-step relaxation technique from author and psychologist Roz Hewitt from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1. Call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Toughen up at these Chi Kung classes, from 6.45 to 7.45 pm on Friday and 11.15am to 12.30pm on Saturday at the Unity Church, Liverpool Road, N1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy live music, face painting, bouncy castle, refreshments, a dog show, stalls and more from 1 to 5pm, at the Fun Day in Paradise Park, Mackenzie Road, N7. Free.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 6 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
Discover the treasures of Carmelite prayer at Carmel in the City, from 11.30am to 15.30pm at St. Joseph’s Church, Lamb’s Buildings, Lamb’s Passage, EC1Y. Call 07889 436 165 for more information.
Join the hive of activity that is a beekeeping course, where you will learn the basics of having getting your own honey, from 11am to 1pm or 2 to 4pm in Finsbury park, N4. Costs �30, email email@example.com for more information.
Immerse yourself in water-zorbing, a children’s funfair, Punch and Judy, boat trips, live music, street theatre and boat rally at the 25th Angel Canal Festival, from 11am to 5pm, at the City Road Basin and Lock, Regent’s Canal, N1. Free, call 07973 504 212 for more information.
Take part in a wide variety of activities for under 9s, including puppets, drumming, dressing up, lego construction, plus pampering treats available for the adults at Enchanted Sundays, from 10.30am to 1.30pm and 2.30 to 5.30pm at the London Art House, Britannia Row, N1. Costs �25, �39 or �130 for a family of four, call 020 3227 3200 for more information.
Sculpt the perfect ice-cream Sundae with nuts, a cherry on top, or cream – and that’s before discussing flavours – all day at Drink, Shop and Do, in Caledonian Road, N7, Costs �5, call 020 3343 9138 for more information.