What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the Weekend’s action
Relish a performance by the Claremont Singers at their Autumn concert for over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Preserve Your Eyesight with consultant Opthalmologist Dr Tim Fallon as he talks about the prevention and treatment of macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, glaucoma and cataracts, from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1. Call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Make like Bruce Lee at these Chi Kung classes, from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday and 11.15am to 12.30pm on Saturday at the Unity Church, Liverpool Road, N1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You may also want to watch:
See the craze that’s sweeping the nation at the Chessboxing Championships – 11 rounds of alternating chess and boxing with the winner decided by checkmate or knockout, whichever come first, from 7 to 11pm, at Scala, Pentonville Road, N1. Costs �15, call 0207 833 2022 for more information.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
Learn and share skills at the weekly knitting club led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at The Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. For more information call 07515 647208.
Rekindle your romance with little yellow faced men at this Lego night where you can build the best from 7.30pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N7. Free, call 0203 343 9138 for more information.
See interesting things and buy plants at the Friends of Gillespie Park Festival, from 1 to 5pm in Gillespie Park, N5. Free, email email@example.com for more information.
Worship one of the most influential British bands of all time, and enjoy a Lazy Sunday, at the 15th Annual Small Faces Convention, with tribute acts, DJs and memorabilia, from 4 to 11pm at the 02 Academy Islington, N1 Centre, Parkfield Street, N1. Costs �20, visit www.wappingwharf.com for more information.
Pretend it is still summer with this ice-cream Sundae making club, all day at Drink, Shop and Do, in Caledonian Road, N7, Costs �5, call 020 3343 9138 for more information.