What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Get down to an evening of African grooves featuring the dubbed-out sound of Real World’s musical alchemists Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara (JuJu), from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �12.50 to �17.50, call 020 7382 7090 for more information.
Have a lovely brew at this coffee morning for over 55s, from 10.30am to 12noon at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Protect yourself from diabetes with lifestyle tips from specialist nurse Irene Mayer, from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1. Call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Watch Cases, a dance and puppetry performance that uses a miniature theatre, mirrors and an original object-led score for a view on the world as seen through the eyes of teenage service users of MIND, from 9.15pm at the Little Angel Theatre, Dagmar Passage, N1. Costs call 020 73598581 for more information.
- 1 Man arrested, cyclist seriously injured after alleged hit and run
- 2 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
- 3 MP Claudia Webbe loses harassment conviction appeal - but sentence reduced
- 4 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
Thrill to an exciting Saturday night of sports events, competitions and coaching for teenagers aged 13 to 19, from 7 to 11pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �5, call 020 7686 8812 for more information.
Chill out to some jazz with the Janette Mason Trio, from 8pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Costs �12.50 (�9.50 concessions) call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Train hard at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Witness the London Symphony Orchestra continue their cycle of Tchaikovsky’s Symphonies with a performance of Symphony No 4, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �10 to �35, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Grab a bargain at the Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair with 50 traders from all over the globe selling vintage apparel and designer pieces from the 1800s-1980s, from 11am to 4.30pm at The Urdang (Old Finsbury Town Hall), Rosebery Avenue, N1. Costs �4, call 07980 270307 for more information.
Develop a self-healing routine at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Examine the work of a key figures in British Modernism – the poster king Edward McKnight Kauffe, from 11am to 6pm, Wednesday to Saturday, 11am to 8pm Thursday and 12noon to 5pm on Sunday, until December 18 at the Estorick Collection,