What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Fulfil all your funk dreams at Soulbrew Karaoke, where you are backed by a five piece band, from 8pm to 2am at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road, EC2. Costs �5, call 0207 422 0958 for more.
Rock around the Christmas tree at this over-55s Christmas party with the Texas Tornados, from 2-3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Costs �3, call 0207 837 3402.
Find out how to bake colourful, scrumptious cupcakes at this class for 13 to 19 year olds, from 4.15 to 5.15pm at the Platform Youth Hub, Hornsey Road, N7. Free, call 020 7689 7091 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Get into the festive spirit with a carol service from the charity Maytree, from 11am to noon on Saturday and the Liberty Church Choir, from 6 to 8pm on Tuesday, at the N1 Centre, Parkfield Street, N1. Free, call 020 7359 2674 for more information.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
Browse for some presents at the Angel Craft Market, from 10am to 6pm at Chapel Market, N1. Free, call 020 7527 3046 for information.
Create a cosy jumper for the inclement winter weather at this knitting club hosted by wool-enthusiast Charlene Sandy, from 11am to 12.30pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, London, N7. Free, call 07515 647208 for more information.
Celebrate a New Orleans-style Christmas Story with the Abram Wilson Quartet, from 7.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
See Strictly Come Dancing star Chris Hollins present a concert featuring dancers, special guests and Santa himself from 3pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets cost �17 to �39.50, call 020 7638 4141 for more information.
Dance away the winter blues with a waltz, a tango and a foxtrot at the Art of the Dog Afternoon Tea Dance, from 2-5pm at the Finsbury Town Hall, Rosebury Avenue, EC1. Costs �8/5/3, call 07815 073229 for information.
Find inner strength at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five lessons.
Medicate yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.