What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Watch the film everyone is talking about – War Horse – from 6pm and 8.45pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets cost �9.50 online, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Relive the good old days at Dot-To-Dot-Disco – join the dots from 70s and 80s album covers, best colouring wins a prize – from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, Call 020 7278 4335 for more information.
Royal College of Music graduates Ksenia and Yulia return with a performance for over 55s, from 2 to 3pm, at The Claremont, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402.
Plan for the big day at London’s first alternative wedding fair, with 50 different exhibitors, from 11am to 4pm at Islington Metal Works, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �8 (�5 advance), call 07895 684208 for more information.
- 1 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 2 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 7 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 8 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 9 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
- 10 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
Perfect your technique with these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45 on Saturday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1 and 11am to 12noon on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a clock of five, call 07973622240 for more information.
Immerse yourself in Awakenings: a week long residency by the Kronos Quartet – one of the most influential ensembles of our time, every night until January 27 at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Prices vary, call 020 7638 4141 for more information.
Ponder the meaning of life at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Ease those aches and pains with these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday, at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Heat your cockles with this winter warming yoga session, from 10am to 12.30pm at moving Arts Base, Liverpool Road, N1. Costs �25, email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings.