What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Watch the film everyone is talking about – War Horse – from 6pm and 8.45pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets cost �9.50 online, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Relive the good old days at Dot-To-Dot-Disco – join the dots from 70s and 80s album covers, best colouring wins a prize – from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, Call 020 7278 4335 for more information.
Royal College of Music graduates Ksenia and Yulia return with a performance for over 55s, from 2 to 3pm, at The Claremont, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Plan for the big day at London’s first alternative wedding fair, with 50 different exhibitors, from 11am to 4pm at Islington Metal Works, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �8 (�5 advance), call 07895 684208 for more information.
- 1 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 2 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 3 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 4 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 5 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 6 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 7 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Whittington Hospital
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
Perfect your technique with these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45 on Saturday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1 and 11am to 12noon on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a clock of five, call 07973622240 for more information.
Immerse yourself in Awakenings: a week long residency by the Kronos Quartet – one of the most influential ensembles of our time, every night until January 27 at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Prices vary, call 020 7638 4141 for more information.
Ponder the meaning of life at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Ease those aches and pains with these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday, at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Heat your cockles with this winter warming yoga session, from 10am to 12.30pm at moving Arts Base, Liverpool Road, N1. Costs �25, email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings.