What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Visit a mixed multimedia art exhibition from 12noon to 6pm daily until March 11 at the Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Free, call 020 7837 4237.
Develop iron discipline at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.
Watch a performance of Casa de Cultura Cubana – Cuban spoken word and dance – for the over 55s, from 2 to 4pm at the Claremont centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402
You may also want to watch:
Learn to plan a small vegetable plot with Caroline Foley, author of The Allotment Handbook, from 10.30am to 12.30pm at King Henry’s Walk Garden, N1. Suggested donation �5, call 07901 931018.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Take up drawing at these lessons for all abilities, from 2 to 4.30pm at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N1. Eight lessons cost �60 (�35 conc), call 07786 760 437.
Examine a series of woodcuts by artist Lucinka Soucek, all day at the Waterline, De Beauvoir Crescent, N1. Call 020 3119 0037.
Relax as the Rosamunde Trio play the music of Mozart and Brahms, from 6.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �14.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Pontificate on the meaning of life at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm, at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.