What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Help close the curtain on this year’s LGBT History month celebrations with the Winter Masked Ball, with DJs, tango dancing and a steampunk dress code, from 7 to 11pm, at the Islington Assembly Hall, N1. Free entry, call 0207 388 5720.
Enjoy an Afternoon By the Radio with artist in residence Rosy Greaves, a performance for the over-55s, from 2 to 3pm at Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402.
Speak up at a community event about keeping women safe, from 10am to 3pm, at Williamson Street Community Centre, Parkhurst Road, N7. Free, call 020 7527 8682.
You may also want to watch:
Don your shell suit for the ultimate ’80s dance party Midnight A Go-Go, from 10pm to 3.30am, at The Drop, Kings Place, York Way, N1. Costs �5, call 020 3353 2000.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 3 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 4 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 5 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
Dance to some block-rocking beats from DJ Semtex, DJ Woody, Rattus Rattus and an acoustic violin set from Mr Addaggio, from 9pm to 4am, at The Big Chill House, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 20 7427 2540.
Perfect your technique at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.
Celebrate Jewish Book Week with a series of events all day at Kings Place, York Way, N1. Prices vary, call 020 7446 8771.
Hear theatrical recitals of work by maverick US composers, from 7.15pm, at the Kings Head Theatre, Upper Street, N1. Costs �12 (�10 concessions), call 020 7478 0160.
Chat like John Stuart Mill at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm, at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register