What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Check out a performance by Claremont Saturnalia for the over-55s, from 2 to 3pm, at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402 for more information.
Train hard at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1 and 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240 for more information.
Get down to true ska legends Bad Manners, from 7pm, at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �20, call 020 7527 8900 for more information.
Browse away at A Glamourous Affair, a monthly vintage and craft fair, from noon to 5pm, at the Library Bar, Upper Street, N1. Free, with happy hour martinis all afternoon, call 020 7704 6977 for more information.
- 1 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 2 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 5 Islington shisha smuggler sentenced for £230,000 tax fraud
- 6 Call for fuel payment machines in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 8 Pirates: Reggie Yates film shot in Angel gets release
- 9 Boy, 13, arrested after teenager stabbed in Canonbury
- 10 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
Get arty and enjoy the buzz at the Fantastical February fair, and see the work of local emerging artists, from noon to 4pm at the Islington Arts Factory, Parkhurst Road, N7. Free, call 020 7607 0561 for more information.
Get ready for some Tuetonic celebrations for the German Foolish season at the Bavarian Beerhouse, City Road EC1. Prizes for the best fancy dress, call 0844 3302005 for more information.
Develop your creativity at this art class for all abilities, taught by local artist Jon Britten, from 2 to 4.30pm, at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost �60 (�35 concessions), call 07786 760437.
Take the cheerful way to happiness with these fun, easy laughter yoga exercises, from 6 to 7pm, at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Community Lane, N7. Costs �5 (�3 concessions) call 020 7609 6145 for more information.
Consider the meaning of existence life at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm, at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Hear some haunting verse at I Lived on this Earth... Hungarian Poets on the Holocaust, from 12.30pm, at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.