What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
See the best of Italian food, travel and wine at La Dolce Vita Exhibition, all day on Friday to Sunday at the Business Design Centre, Upper Street, N1. Costs �5, visit ladolcevitaevent.co.uk
Take part in a relaxed and therapeutic beginners art class, from 10am to noon at the Hugh Cubitt Centre, Collier Street, N1. Free, call 020 7021 4127.
Flex your technique at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.
Revel in a performance by trumpet legend Hugh Masekela, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets from �10, call 020 7638 8891.
- 1 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 2 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 3 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 4 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 5 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 6 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 7 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 8 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Caledonian artist attempting to paint 100 London pubs
Start the weekend in abstemious fashion with a 5k run, from 9am in Highbury Fields, N5. Free, call 07745 974 577.
Get creative with Dr Sketchy, an afternoon of art and pints, 2 to 5pm at the Old Queens Head, Essex Road, N1. Cost �10, materials provided, call 0207 354 9993.
Browse more than 40 stalls selling retro fashion, homeware, furniture, antiques and collectable, with cocktails and ’40s-style singing, from 11am to 4pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Costs �3 (�2 NUS), call 07716 295 998.
Look at Eye 5, an exhibition exploring the teaching and learning of five visual arts by five schools and colleges in Islington, until May 3 at the Islington Museum, St John Street, EC1, Call 020 7527 3235 for more information.
Luxuriate or join in with a classical guitar masterclass from the Vida Guitar Ensemble Quartet, from noon at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets �19.50 (playing) or �9.50 (watching), call 020 7520 1490.