What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Hear an octet of singers from The Sixteen performing the music of Brahms, from 7.30pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets start at �9, call 020 7520 1490.
Stay strong at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.
Relax with the world premiere of Nico Muhly’s new Cello Concerto and Owen Pallett’s new Violin Concerto, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets start at �9, call 020 7638 8891.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrate St Patrick’s Day with big hats, great craic and a lovely pint of Guinness - plus the last day of the Six nations rugby, all day at O’Neills Islington, Upper Street, N1. Call 0207 704 7691 for more information.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
Volunteer your time to make Islington a more green and pleasant land at the big dig, from 10am to 2pm in Upper Street, N1, Mayton Street N7 and Crowland Terrace, N1. Call 020 7837 1228.
Partake of some fantastic bargains, half price martinis, hair and make up artists and plenty of cake at A Glamourous Affair, a monthly vintage and craft fair, from noon to 5pm, at the Library Bar, Upper Street, N1. Free, call 020 7704 6977 for more information.
Discover your muse at this art class for all abilities, taught by local artist Jon Britten, from 2 to 4.30pm, at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost �60 (�35 concessions), call 07786 760437.
Get your mum for a treat with a special Mother’s Day cupcake, the Hummingbird Bakery has a special range in stock, from 10am to 7pm in the angel Building, St John Street, EC1. Call 020 7851 1795.
Chortle at the Laughter Club - fun, easy laughter yoga exercises, the cheerful way to happiness, from 6 to 7pm at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7 0JE. Costs �5 (�3 concessions), call 0207 609 6145.
Treat your old dear to a mother’s day brunch, with smoked salmon and champagne, from 10am to 12noon at Browns, Islington Green, N1. Costs �11, call 0207 226 2555.