What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
See one half of the biggest selling duo of all time; John Oates from Hall and Oates, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �25, call 020 7527 8900.
Stay cool with some dinner jazz from the Estelle Kokot Duo, from 8 to 10pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
Thrill to an evening of top class amateur pugilism at the Islington Boxing Club Dinner, from 7pm (boxing from 8pm) at the Emirates Stadium, Drayton Park, N7. 7pm, Costs �80 for seat and dinner, �10 standing, call 07921 724601.
Give in to your guilty pleasures at Club De Fromage, purveyors of the cheesiest tunes in town, from 10.30am to 2pm at the 02 Academy Islington, Parkfield Street, N1. Cost �6.50, visit www.clubdefromage.com.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 7 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
Find some retro bargains and cheap martinis at A Glamorous Affair Vintage and Craft Market, from 12noon to 5pm at the Library Bar, Upper Street, N1. Free, with happy hour martinis all afternoon, call 020 7704 6977.
Dance away to a digital soundclash, organised by Mixcloud, in which digital music services such as Spotify battle it out on their iPods, from 9pm to 4am at the Big Chill House, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7427 2540.
Enjoy a movie and a pint at the film club where the punters pick the best of British, all day at The Clarendon, Mildmay Park, N1. Free, call 020 7249 6430.
Quaff up to 20 real ales, along with matched food and folk music, at this beer festival, all day until May 3 at The New Rose, Essex Road, N1. Free, call 020 7226 1082.
Develop your skills at these Chi Kung classes, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm on Fridays at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1; from 8.45am to 9.45am on Saturdays at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, and 11am to noon on Sundays, in Providence Court, N1. Sessions cost �10/�12, or �40 for a block of five. Call 07973 622240 for more.