What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
See master engravers carving away at this workshop run by Cut in Clerkenwell, from 10am to 6pm, Craft Central, St John’s Square, EC1. Call 0750 0462910
Hear a preview of Regent’s Canal, a folk opera written to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the waterway, 7:30pm at the Regent’s Canal Museum, New Wharf Road, N1. Costs �7 (�6 conc), call 020 7713 0836.
Try a night of live electronica you can dance to with gadgets, lights, sub-bass and songs, from 10pm to 6am at Electrowerkz, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �8 to �12 advance, �15 on the door, visit www.fieldsldn.net.
You may also want to watch:
Catch sophisticated pop combo Swing Out Sister on the only London date on their 25th anniversary tour, from 7pm, at Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �25, call 020 7527 8900.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
Luxuriate in the jazz stylings of the Melanie Dawkins Trio, from 8 to 10:30pm, at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
Shake a leg at Fiesta En La Calle, a Spanish-style street party featuring Cumb�, Jamman and the Movimentos DJs, from 7pm to 1am, at Camino, The Regent Quarter, N1. Free, visit www.camino.uk.com.
Bask in sunshine, music, food stalls and cider at Jazz on the Green, from 12:30 to 7:30pm, at Newington Green, N16. Free, call 0207 245 4912
See Lost and Found, a musical performance exploring approaches to the use of found, salvaged, revealed and rediscovered materials, from 8pm, at King’s Place, York Way, N1. Call 020 7520 1490.
Chuckle your way to happiness with laughter yoga exercises, from 6 to 7pm, at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Community Lane, N7 Costs �5 (�3 conc) call 020 7609 6145.
Relish the London Symphony Orchestra playing music by Debussy, Stravinsky and Henri Dutilleux, from 7:30pm, at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets from �10, call 020 7638 8891.