What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Get funky as the Al Scott Trio play some mainstream jazz, from 8 to 10:30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Free, call 020 7272 5566.
Express yourself with some London Contemporary Dance for over-55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
Start the weekend early with a couple of cocktails and a bop at the lunchtime disco, from noon to 3pm at Drink Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
Amble through Clerkenwell on a guided historical walk, which will take in its ancient well and village green and the sites of an infamous prison and two religious foundations. From 11am to 12.30pm, meet at Farringdon Station, in Cowcross Street, EC1. Costs �6, email email@example.com
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 4 'Reclaiming public spaces': Islington's free nonconformist street party
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 MP steps in to get Ukrainian violinist to concert with Islington orchestra
- 7 Bullying and absence concerns see City of London Academy Highgate Hill get ‘requires improvement’ Ofsted
- 8 Concerts to be held across Islington as festival returns.
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 10 Call to get vaccinated amid Covid surge
Shake your tail feather at this monthly Latin carnival, featuring Jardared Por Fuera and Jackson Scott, from 7pm to 1am, at Camino, The Regent Quarter, N1. Free, call 020 7841 7331.
Enjoy some lunchtime live music by The Sea & I, Augmented Gamelan and Dan Amor, from noon to 2pm at Union Chapel, Compton Avenue, N1. Free, call 020 7226 1686.
Examine the work of Albert Irvin, Alan Davie and �rnulf Opdahl at this summer exhibition, from 10am to 6pm except Sundays at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Call 020 7520 1485.
Take a stroll through a pop-up community garden, from 2 to 5pm in Rock Street, N4. Free, just turn up.
Consider the meaning of life at this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Stand firm at these chi kung classes, from 11am to noon, on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1; from 8.45 to 9.45am, on Saturday, at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1; and from 6.45 to 7.45pm, on Friday, at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1. Costs �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240.