What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Shake your booty at this Caribbean calypso dance class for the over-55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402.
Listen to the music of Neville Staple from the Specials at this live show, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �17.50 call 020 7527 8900.
Listen to some indie classics while colouring in your own indie band at the Indie Rock Colour In, from noon to 3pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
You may also want to watch:
See the best vegetables in Islington at this flower and produce show with music, children’s activities, home-made food and bar, from noon to 4pm at King Henry’s Walk Garden, N1. Free, call 020 7923 9035.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
Hear a wide range of contemporary Western and African musicians at Africa Express, in one of Islington’s newest venues, from 4pm at Granary Square, N1. Costs �20 (�15 for under-12s), visit www.kililive.com.
Have a great time at a fun day with live music, face painting, bouncy castle, refreshments, dog show, stalls, and more, from 1 to 5pm at Paradise Park, Mackenzie Road, N7, Free, call 07508 166582.
Practise an ancient Far Eastern discipline at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 a lesson or �40 for five.
Enjoy a free gig featuring five bands on one of the borough’s finest bandstands as part of Bandstand Marathon, from 1 to 5pm at Northampton Square Gardens, EC1. Visit www.bandstandmarathon.org.uk.
Learn more about your surroundings with The Angel’s delights: a walk through the heart of Islington. Meet at 11am outside Angel Tube station, costs �6 (�5 concessions), email email@example.com.
Think on with this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.