What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Hear Gerald Willis in concert for the over-55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 2402
Dance the night away to Fur Coat from the Crosstown Rebels plus special guests, from 11pm to 7am at The Egg, York Way, N1. Costs �15, call 020 7871 7111.
Keep the vibe alive with the Rose Tait Duo, featuring Joe Bickerstaff, from 8 to 10.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Costs �5, call 020 7272 5566.
You may also want to watch:
Bring your sunscreen, flip flops and appetites to the New Unity Summer BBQ, from 10am to 7.30 pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Free, call 07932 745727
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 4 How much do you know about Islington?
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 10 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
Take a walk on the wild side with this guided stroll through Clerkenwell, meeting at 2pm outside Farringdon Tube, EC1. Costs �6, email email@example.com
Spend some time with your youngest at this fathers’ group stay and play for men and children under five, from 10am to 12noon at the Hornsey Road Children’s Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Free, call 020 7527 2005.
Get the youngsters on the stage at this acting summer school run by YATI, from 10am to 5pm at the Young Actors’ Theatre, Barnsbury Road, N1. Prices vary, call 020 7278 2101
Keep up the Olympic sprit by checking out an exhibition of Tom Jenkins’ sports photography from 9am to 7pm until August 24 at King’s Place, York Way, N1. Free, call 020 7520 1485.
Learn the martial art favoured by Bruce Lee at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.