What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Hear Gerald Willis in concert for the over-55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 2402
Dance the night away to Fur Coat from the Crosstown Rebels plus special guests, from 11pm to 7am at The Egg, York Way, N1. Costs �15, call 020 7871 7111.
Keep the vibe alive with the Rose Tait Duo, featuring Joe Bickerstaff, from 8 to 10.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Costs �5, call 020 7272 5566.
Bring your sunscreen, flip flops and appetites to the New Unity Summer BBQ, from 10am to 7.30 pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Free, call 07932 745727
- 1 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 2 'Our sandwiches were floating': Islington cafe owner counts cost of burst water mains flood
- 3 Teenager commuted from Highbury to Bristol for A Levels
- 4 A Level results live 2022: Islington schools as they come in
- 5 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 6 Guilty: Window cleaner 'crushed victim's heart' as he mowed down two men
- 7 Angel station closures on one in five days due to staff shortages
- 8 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 9 Finsbury Leisure Centre development: 'Something dystopian like Bladerunner'
- 10 Hundreds of novelty teapots on show in Upper Street
Take a walk on the wild side with this guided stroll through Clerkenwell, meeting at 2pm outside Farringdon Tube, EC1. Costs �6, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spend some time with your youngest at this fathers’ group stay and play for men and children under five, from 10am to 12noon at the Hornsey Road Children’s Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Free, call 020 7527 2005.
Get the youngsters on the stage at this acting summer school run by YATI, from 10am to 5pm at the Young Actors’ Theatre, Barnsbury Road, N1. Prices vary, call 020 7278 2101
Keep up the Olympic sprit by checking out an exhibition of Tom Jenkins’ sports photography from 9am to 7pm until August 24 at King’s Place, York Way, N1. Free, call 020 7520 1485.
Learn the martial art favoured by Bruce Lee at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.