What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Celebrate the strength of women in the birth place of feminism at a suffragette night – house wine �11 and �1 goes to Mary on the green. From 7pm at the Dissenting Academy, Mildmay Park, Newington Green. Call 020 72496430.
Stroll like you are in Scandanavia at Nordic walking classes for the over 55s, from 3pm at Caledonian Park, N7, call 07900 888 438.
Rummage around for some festive bargains at this Christmas Fayre for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Unwind and keep cool while the Matthew Milnes Trio tickle your jazz-bone, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Jazz and Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Tickets cost �5. Call 020 7272 5566.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
Find that perfect present at a Christmas bazaar, from 2 to 6pm at the Blessed Sacrament Church, Copenhagen Street, N1. Costs 50p, free for under 12s, call 0207 837 2094.
Browse through 12 stalls selling vintage and designer clothes, retro oddities, collectables and more with a soundtrack of swing, rag-time and blues, at the Jumble And Pearls Vintage Fayre, from 11am to 5.30pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Free entry, email ferraraPR@live.co.uk.
Wallow in a series of piano recitals by the likes of Mozart, Schubert and Brahms performed by Martin Roscoe and friends, from 7.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �13.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Break out your smock, brush and easel with these mixed level art classes for adults and a beginners class for children aged seven to 12, from 2.30 to 5pm (adults) and 10.30am to noon (children), at Highbury Baptist Church, N5
Pick up some tips at this monthly gardening session with bring and share lunch, from 12.30 to 3pm at the Quaker Gardens, Banner Street, EC1. Email email@example.com.
Browse a plethora of stalls selling hats, gloves, gifts, hot and cold foods and more from 10am to 4pm at Angel on Sundays, N1. Call 020 7288 4377
Strike fear into the heart of your opponent at chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.