What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Celebrate the strength of women in the birth place of feminism at a suffragette night – house wine �11 and �1 goes to Mary on the green. From 7pm at the Dissenting Academy, Mildmay Park, Newington Green. Call 020 72496430.
Stroll like you are in Scandanavia at Nordic walking classes for the over 55s, from 3pm at Caledonian Park, N7, call 07900 888 438.
Rummage around for some festive bargains at this Christmas Fayre for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Unwind and keep cool while the Matthew Milnes Trio tickle your jazz-bone, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Jazz and Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Tickets cost �5. Call 020 7272 5566.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
Find that perfect present at a Christmas bazaar, from 2 to 6pm at the Blessed Sacrament Church, Copenhagen Street, N1. Costs 50p, free for under 12s, call 0207 837 2094.
Browse through 12 stalls selling vintage and designer clothes, retro oddities, collectables and more with a soundtrack of swing, rag-time and blues, at the Jumble And Pearls Vintage Fayre, from 11am to 5.30pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Free entry, email ferraraPR@live.co.uk.
Wallow in a series of piano recitals by the likes of Mozart, Schubert and Brahms performed by Martin Roscoe and friends, from 7.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �13.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Break out your smock, brush and easel with these mixed level art classes for adults and a beginners class for children aged seven to 12, from 2.30 to 5pm (adults) and 10.30am to noon (children), at Highbury Baptist Church, N5
Pick up some tips at this monthly gardening session with bring and share lunch, from 12.30 to 3pm at the Quaker Gardens, Banner Street, EC1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse a plethora of stalls selling hats, gloves, gifts, hot and cold foods and more from 10am to 4pm at Angel on Sundays, N1. Call 020 7288 4377
Strike fear into the heart of your opponent at chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.