What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Improve your life and find a happier you at life coaching sessions to help self-esteem, finance, health and more, from 11am to 2pm at Mind Empower, Smith Street, N1. Call 020 7288 2500.
Brace yourself for the winter season with Nordic walking classes for the over 55s, from 3pm at Caledonian Park, N7, call 07900 888 438.
Help Nine Below Zero mark 30 years since the release of their Third Degree album at an anniversary concert, from 7pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Costs �19.25, visit agmp.ticketabc.com.
You may also want to watch:
Stay strong at chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 for each lesson or �40 for five.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Celebrate the launch of the new Cally market with a cockney knees-up, mulled cider wine and the pearly queen of Islington, from 9am at Caledonian Road, N1. Free, visit www.thecallyroad.com.
Look back at two crucibles of jazz – New Orleans and Harlem – as part of the London Jazz Festival, from 3pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets start at �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Pick up some gourmet food, browse a fantastic array of books and more at Archway Market, from 10am to 5pm on Holloway Road, close to Archway Tube, N19. Visit www.archwaymarket.org.
Keep calm and carry on with live jazz from the John Turville and Alison Neale duo, 9.30pm to midnight at Ajani Jazz and Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Tickets cost �5. Call 020 7272 5566.
Stroll through cobbled courtyards and browse the work of a group of north London artists, from 11am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday at the Gallery, 75 Cowcross Street, EC1. Visit northoneartist.wordpress.com.
Discover a new talent in faux stained glass making at this class run for over 55s by Age UK Islington, from 2 to 2.30pm at King Henry’s walk Garden, N1. Call 020 7281 6018.
Relax and unwind as winter sets in with tea, storytelling and socialising at a women- only event, from 2 to 6.30pm at The Crypt, St Mary’s Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 020 7713 9304.
Tuck into a roast then watch a film chosen by the audience. Roasts all day, film from 8pm at the Dissenting Academy, Mildmay Park, Newington Green. Free, call 020 7249 6430.