What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Head out and about this weekend:
Discover a story adventure at this class designed to help boost 18 months to four-year-old’s movement, stimulate imagination, and increase their confidence, from 9.45 to 10.30am at That Place on the Corner, Newington Green, N16. Costs �5 per child the �3 per sibling, call 07896 040145.
Celebrate the glory of women in their myriad forms at this Suffragette night where house wine is �11 a bottle and �1 goes to the Mary on the Green charity, all night at the Dissenting Academy, Mildmay Park, Newington Green. Call 020 72496430.
Set off for a bracing winter stroll at this Nordic walking class for the over 55s, from 3pm at Caledonian Park, N7, call 07900 888 438.
Absorb some groovy sounds from the Steve Waterman trio featuring Dan Messore on guitar and Aidan Thorne double bass, from 9.30 to midnight at Ajani Jazz and Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Tickets cost �5. Call 020 7272 5566.
- 1 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 6 Protest erupts at the North London Waste Authority re-election meeting
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 9 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 10 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
Witness the stunning finale to a year of Brahms Unwrapped with this double concerto with the Aurora Orchestra, from 7.30pm at the King’s Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490.
Give your fitness one last boost before the festive feast begins with this morning 5k run, from 9am at Highbury Fields, N5. The run is free, call 07745 974 577 for details.
Grab some gourmet treats at this small but perfectly formed food fair, from 11am to 3pm at Tufnell Park Market, N7. Free, call 020 7272 3510.
Socialise with other women and enjoy light refreshments with this tea and poetry workshop for females, from 2 to 6.30pm at St Mary’s Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 020 7713 9304.
Stave off the dread of the week ahead with a mixture of music to calm your mind, including vintage soul or reggae or folk or indiepop, from 2-9pm at the Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7837 5371.
Learn an ancient eastern martial art at these chi kung classes. Every Sunday, from 11am to noon, at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 07973 622240. The class costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five.